Together with our strong partner iFD GmbH Chemnitz, we have successfully implemented our new WMS and thus further expanded our competitive advantage in the field of hazardous materials logistics.
Our family-owned company with locations in Stuttgart understands the requirements of the chemical industry perfectly – after all, we are experts in the storage and transport of hazardous materials and this already in the second generation. We have incorporated this know-how into this forward-looking project and are happy to make our expertise available to you.
The new warehouse management system controls not only our fully automated, oxygen-reduced hazardous materials warehouse but also the manual processes in our other logistics centres.
The following functionalities are covered by our WMS:
- Inbound goods notification (automated via interface or manual)
- Goods receipt via tablet and scanner-supported loading/unloading
- Digital warehouse and stock management
- Order scheduling, release and outbound via control centre, incl. value-added services (VAS)
- Picking, consolidation and merging of consignments
- Automated, detailed invoicing of storage charges and value-added services
- Covering plant transports between different warehouses
- Connection of individual customer interfaces
- Control of individual customer interfaces
- Management of dangerous goods and dangerous goods-specific master data
Features and highlights of the iFD-WMS hazardous materials module
The specially developed hazardous materials module contains all functions that are essential for the storage of hazardous materials. These include, above all, the observation of water hazard classes, maximum storage quantities and combined storage prohibitions based on hazardous substance classes.